Hello and welcome back!!
How’s it going? It’s pretty cool to be walking you all through the step-by-step process of buying, and hosting your domain name! In my experience, many people don’t know how to do it but want to know if only they knew someone who could teach them. Well, that’s where I come in. For those of you who haven’t read about me, stop on by my About page and find out a bit about me.
Make sure you read my blog post on DNS records BEFORE you go any further on this blog post.
Today’s post is all about installing WordPress. This can be a bit daunting so bear with me as I walk you through this process. And remember, if you get stuck, contact your hosting company to help you with this process.
Make sure you have followed all my posts up until this one. You’ll need to be logged in to your Hosting account. Going to give you a step by step of what needs to happen:
- CPanel. Once logged in, find where it says “CPanel” click on that. Look for an option that says “Install WordPress”
- Choose your domain. You’ll come to a page where you choose your domain and then click install.
- This will again re-direct you to another page. where it will show you a bar, indicating that your website is loading.
- View Your Credentials. This will give you the your login website, username, password. Make sure you take notes. I suggest adding the login domain to your favorites bar on your browser
- Login to WordPress!
- Go to Appearance and themes. Choose a theme that works best for you and your needs. Don’t worry you can always change your theme if you want a new look.
Important to Note. You want to make sure and back up your website, you can go to Plugins and do a search choose the one that fits your needs the best and has the best reviews.
Also, Posts are if your going to have a blog on your site. Pages are your home page, about page, privacy page, contact page.
I hope this is helpful. Any questions, you know where to you can find me here.